The Gods Eternal Magik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on an idea by Rick Riordan comes a brand new story where The Greek Gods meet The Celtic Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start of the Festival, The Big Feast

Go down 
+4
Areia Christos
Vanora Pendragon
Artemis
Sucellus
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sucellus
Immortal God
Sucellus

Start of the Festival, The Big Feast Empty
PostSubject: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Summer had begun Sucellus could feel it on the wind. The warm and slightly salty air. He arrived at the island the Celtic demigods had chosen for this festival. It was interesting to him that they were trying to get the Greeks to come and join them. Maybe they were trying to size up their enemy, either way he was sure Dagda was mad at his daughter for even trying to make them get along. Since he was the one that had called this war he would be the most furious. Then again maybe her mother would be. Sucellus shuddered he hated the thought of Morrigan's rath.

Here in the forest in his element he didn't really need to fear her rath. He wasn't doing anything really, he was already nutral in the war. Him and Artemis, speaking of where was the Huntress? He was suppose to meet her here to open up the festival. He looked up at the sun, almost noon. That was when all the demigods were suppose to be here and they needed to get the food up. "I don't know the traditional Greek food." He mumbled looking at the food tables set before all the eating tables. He could only fill up the Celtic side because well he knew the traditional food and drink of the Celtic royalties.

"Artemis! Where are you!" He said shouting out at the forest. He sighed waving his hand. In a burst of green fire the Celtics half of the food tables was littered with food and drink with silver and jewel encrusted plates and goblets. Artemis better arrive soon...then Sucellus thought, what if the Greeks didn't show? He shrugged oh well not his problem.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Immortal God
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 pm

After a days of traveling Artemis finally made it to Catalina Island. Why the Celtics had arranged this she had no idea but she had promised Sucellus that she would help him set up the demigods camp area. She located a path and began to follow it taking the turning hints Sucellus had left though the fact that trees were pointing was a completely obvious that there was something up.

Artemis walked a little more and then she found the clearing, well this was a neat set up she concluded looking around. There was a bunch of red tents on one side and on the other blue tents. She assumed it was because Celtics had fire and the Greeks had water for their claimings.
"Artemis! Where are you!" she heard Sucellus's voice calling. Artemis picked up her pace and walked over to the Festival Tables.

"I'm here Sucellus," She said looking around at the tables. They were set up nicely all the tables were black as were the benches the tarp above to protect them from the rain was white. "This actually looks pretty neat. The demigods can sure set up a festival." She looked over at the food tables, Artemis smiled so that was what he wanted. With a flip of her hair a wave of water consumed the Greeks half of the table not splashing any on the Celtics side. The water disappeared and was replaced with the traditional Greek royalties food and silver plates and goblets encrusted with jewels. "Let the Festival begin!" She shouted.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Immortal Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet
Name: Vanora Parthenopaeus

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I Will Shove The World Away
I Will Not Bow, I Will Not Break
Take The Fall And RUN To Heaven

Start of the Festival, The Big Feast 600full-julia-volkovaStart of the Festival, The Big Feast Juliavolkovapa3 Start of the Festival, The Big Feast Jj
- - - - - - - - - - - -

After a long journey on a bunch of boats Vanora and the rest of the Celtic's arrived on the island of Catalina. On the hidden and protected boarders their boat landed on the sandy shore. Jumping out she pulled the boat farther onto the shore grabbing the rope she tied it around the nearest tree trunk. Taking a glance over her fellow demigods she smiled this should be a fun time, even if the Greeks didn't show they would all still have the Festival and they would split the camp up into two teams.

"Now remember," Vanora started raising her voice above the crowd and using her power over the earth to make a slight hill so she could stand taller, "We are here under a truce, no fighting, at least not until the tournament ok? Thank you. Now lets go and have fun!" Putting the ground back down she turned and headed towards the Festival tables that she had worked hard to set up this past week. It was a short uphill path way, at least short to her she'd traveled it a lot the past week.

She arrived at the camp glanced at the tents, looked behind her then looked ahead again. Vanora cleared her throat and made her way to the Festival tables upon arrival she spotted the two gods who had agreed to set the food. Immidiatly she went over to the Hunter and Huntress and bowed. "Thank you, My lady Artemis and my lord Sucellus. It means a lot to me that you have agreed to do this."

Vanora turned and signaled to the demigods. "Please enjoy the feast! Traditional Greek and Celtic food and drinks. Help yourself."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by Vanora Parthenopaeus on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Immortal Daughter of Poseidon and Aphrodite
Areia Christos

Character sheet
Name: Areia Christos

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

Areia blinked as the cool mist of the morning waters tickled her face. She sat up slowly and took a gander around the boat..."Ah, almost there my fellow Greeks. I couldnt be happier to finally arrive at this majestic festival... We will show these Celtics who the Greek really are," She grinned a most snickering grin. "Though remember this is a festival of peace and unity and for these days ahead remember we are one with the celtics... though you do get a break to have a little rivalry fun during the tournament... so embrace the chance and opportunity to show our strength and colors."
Areia stood up as the boat tapped the shore. She smiled knowing this was going to be exactly what she needed... with all the confusion going on at the Greek camp, she was beginning to wonder how things would turn out. But Areia hoped for the best. She danced of the boat in a gleeful manner and the moment her gladiator sandals hit the rocky shore she paused as if to take a moment of silence. She inhaled the salty sweet smell of the ocean combined with a very peculiar smell...a smell she couldnt yet identify.
As Areia climbed the hill down a path she smelt the peculiar smell more alive now than at the shore. As she neared the end of the path she noticed some celtics and tables of food in abundance. She turned and noticed the tents one side red, the other blue.
Areia turned to those behind her. "Alright my fellow Greeks, blue side is ours and the feast has begun... please enjoy and mingle." Areia then turned to the smell that led her to this point, she followed the remaining smell and ended at a table full of the most delectable greek food, at the other end she saw a table of food she could not quit identify. 'Celtic food I'm assuming' she thought to herself... After grabbing an overflowing plate of food she began walking to a table of Celtics, hopeing to lead by example. On her way she noticed Artemis and a celtic God. Areia nearly forgot about them agreeing to help set up. Areia set down her plate and danced over to Artemis then gave her a slight hug. "Thank You Artemis, this is absolutely wondrful!" Areia shouted in glee, then turned to the celtic god. "Thank you to you as well. The two of you have truly helped to make this a fantastic festival." She smiled one last thankful smile then pranced back to her table and began scarfing... it seemed as if she hadnt eaten in days...
Back to top Go down
http://thegem.nstars.org
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet
Name: Isaac James Garner

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 pm

After a short boat trip, during which Isaac was holed up in a corner reading, the Celtics arrived at Catalina Island, home of the most wonderful festival. Said carnival was set up by a Greek and Celtic deity, one of each that is. Sucellus had requested that Artemis help, as he had heard, to set up a way for the two different species of demigods to meet up and hae fun, the impeding war far from their minds. This was, until the tournament, which Isaac had found himself discribing as a sort of 'sibling rivalry' between two cultures with both similarities and differences. This was under a flag of truce and the two sides were meant to mingle.

Up near the masthead, Isaac heard the soft thud of the boat landing and saw Vanora, the Camp's resident immortal and supposed leader, going taller. She semmed about to make an announcement so he dropped the book and stood to listen. She spoke of the truce over the Camps, no fighting until the tournament and such, then directed all Campers from each place to eat the foods laid out. The Celtics and Greeks bothed manouevered themselves towards the tables of their food, nobody crossing over. Yet. Isaac considered breaking this, perhaps fetching a couple of Olives (although he wasn't a fan of them) or something to break the ice, but he decided he could wait for somebody else. All should go well for the beginning. A couple of ravens circled above the Celtic table, but nobody was frightened. All seemed fine.
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Areia noticed the warmth of the sun on her bare shoulders, the heat felt so great and relaxing; something she felt she needed to feel welcomed. She always felt her duty was to lead by example but she could only do so much. While chowing Areia noticed a few Celtics nearby and decided to lead by example and go chat with a celtic nearby, she noticed him contemplating the different options of food. Areia also caught him glance and ponder toward the direction of the greek tables. "Its said the green olive is great for the complexion." Areia smiled as if to start up a conversation subtly.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Isaac was slightly taken aback when a Greek walked over, clearly having noticed him checking out the Greek food, but not completely. She commented that Green Olives were supposedly good for the complexion. He nodded with a small smile. "Sounds like I'll have to try some, then." He racked his brains for anything interesting about the foods there. He pointed to the trout. "You can only catch trout easily by tickling the underside, which came from Celtic tradtion." He added the last bit for patriotic pride. He was proud of his roots as a Celt, especially being British anyway. He had ancestry in Ireland and Wales going back a long time. He'd been hoping to be related to Arthur or Lancelot, but there was no evidence of either having ever existed. He hoped he could be descended.

Isaac then held out his hand for her to shake. "I'm Isaac, by the way. Son of Cernunnos. He's wealth, death and animals. Or nature... one of the two. What's your name and parent?"
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Areia smiled back as he commented on the fish... "interesting, I had no idea." She grinned once again. After a short while he introduced himself as Isaac... Areia held out her hand to shake back. "I'm Areia, the immortal daughter of Aphrodite and Poseidon. Moms the goddess of love and beauty and dad is the god of water." Areia always felt good talking about her parents. "Thats awesome your dad is the god of wealth... are you excited for the remainder of the festival? I know the Greeks are looking forward to the tournament." Areia smiled gleefully, but then paused hoping she didnt sound to much like an enemy... she was excited to make friends even if its with the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:18 am

Isaac smiled at Areia's grin about the fish. It might've just been from her parentage, but she was gorgeous in his opinion. She probably didn't see him like that, though. Also, she seemed friendly enough, showing that it didn't have to be a war. Everybody could be friends. The war was avoidable, completely avoidable, the Greeks were friendly enough. Or at least, this one was. He didn't want to go all happy clappy from one nice soldier. She explained her parents, and Isaac nodded. Knowledge was always good. "Awesome. Immortal... interesting. Isn't that, like, a curse? I remember from school, Io got cursed by... Hermes or Apollo, I'm not sure which, to be immortal for spurning their advances. Also... Never mind." He wanted to ask how old she really was, seeing as she looked his age but might not be... Then again, it was rude to ask a lady for her age. He simply nodded when she asked if he was excited. "Definitely, I love the idea of the tournament. I probably won't get very far, but it'll still be fun to watch." He smiled. What if he won? That'd be totally awesome. "I think the rest of the Celts are looking forward to it as well."
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Areia continued to smile and felt Isaac was really nice... she was worried at first that the festival might turn into a blood bath but for the moment everyone seemed to be respectful... something Areia valued a lot, she also values friendship...even if its with the enemy. "Well I guess it could be considered a curse, but I look at it like I have a duty to my parents and the rest of the gods... I mean the put me here for a purpose... a purpose I must value... I'd say my life hasn't felt to cursed." she giggled slightly. She realized she had been rambling so she figured she try and end the ongoing sentence with some light humor.... "Totally know what you mean about the celts being excited the Greeks... their well...fired up," She smiled "So tell me more about yourself..." Areia enjoyed meeting people and learning more about them... it was almost a hobby of her's, especially seeing as she greets demigods to the Greek campgrounds all the time...
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Isaac smiled at Areia. She seemed really nice, especially as they were meant to be enemies. Then she asked about him. He smiled and answered. "I'm Isaac Moses Garner. I'm 15 years of age, I have celtic blood all over, and my parents did in a car crash. Since then I've been passed around families, but they've never been good except for the most recent. I've been excorsized by one family, another were Nazis, another died, another were running from the law... Recently I was taken from my boarding school and dumped at the Celtic Camp, claimed, then here I am!" He smiled. "How about you?" He must've seemed weird but, well, in many ways he was an intriguing specimen.
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:52 am

Areia smiled as Isaac barreled out words of himself... "I guess thats a concis quick way to introduce yourself," she smiled with a slight laughter. "I am Areia Sapphira Christos and I am 16 years old... It heartbreaks me to hear about your family life, that would be hard..."Areia stopped for a moment. "I couldnt possibly understand exactly what your going through, I always new my parents were the Greek Gods Poseidon and Aphrodite... they loved each other very much and raised me and trained me at the very camp i protect but nearly a year ago my parents were forced to cut off communication with their children both immortal and demigod... all i know is my mom left me saying one thing... 'that things were going to change' and since then I have ran the Greek Camp and strived to find as many Greek Demigods as possible..." Areia smiled as she realized she too was barreling out information and in such a rapid way she forgot to breathe... she just gets so excited when she talks about her parents. "That was probably the hardest thing I had to go through... and now I see the various Greek Gods at the camp claiming their children and I just await the day 'i will see my mom or dad again..."
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 pm

As Isaac heard her story, he couldn't help but feel a twinge jealousy. Of course, he'd become a master of hiding his true emotions from the 'centres' he was kept in between families. He'd assumed that all demigods had similar lives, troubled and endangered by their families. Howeer, now it seemed that at least one had a normal life. However, instead of commenting on this, he repirmanded himself in his mind and asked, "Weren't they married? Poseidon was married to... umm..." He racked his brains to remember the name, "Some Sea Goddess or other, and Aphrodite was married to Hephaestus, although she had an affair with... was it Heracles? Or Ares? Not sure..." He couldn't really comment much, being Celtic, but all the same... he didn't understand the nature of any of the gods, Celtic or Greek.

Areia was 16, so it seemed. He was only a year younger than her, which meant he got his question answered and he quite liked it. He was within her age range... He smiled. That was very good news. "Sixteen? I thought you'd be older, even though you look young and pretty... But it's impolite to talk about a young lady's age, so..." He nodded. Just adding in causally that she was pretty. Why ever not?
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Areia smiled as she watched Isaac in thought, and as he mentioned the confusion of the relationships of the Greek Gods Areia grew more confused..." I believe it was an affair between these two as well, I never really asked about it...I was just happy to have a mom and dad... i guess it didn't matter too much if they were bound to each other." Areia felt slightly selfish saying it but she truly loved have her mom and dad who she knew truly loved her, whether marriage was in the equation or not. " I guess that's kinda what makes me special... there are no other children of Poseidon and Aphrodite just one," She smiled again." I hope it doesn't sound to selfish...I can get that way, comes from my mom." She grinned.

After a moment he suddenly smiled then commented on her age..."Not impolite at all in my opinion, but i guess i am different from other girls... I may have a lot of my mom in me but there's a part of my dad the shines through every now and then... and he would not be offended by an age comment... all though he's a guy- " Areia looked confused, "but oh well I'm not offended" She laughed as she realized she had just been rambling about absolutely nothing. "Sorry i get carried away sometimes then I tend to talk peoples brains out...feel free to stop me any times. and i guess the reason i seem older is because i was taught to very mature from a young age... I mean being left the camp and having to run it was a big responsibility then to stand up and be a leader to the Greeks was an even bigger responsibility... but thank you for saying i look young and beautiful... I bet my mom is smiling wherever she is." Areia giggled slightly. Areia did seem to resemble her mom in many ways but her leadership and maturity skills definitely came from her dad.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 am

Isaac smiled at her as she joked about her mother. "You don't sound selfish, no worries there." He grinned. "I suppose I could've figured that'd be it. The gods love having affairs don't they? I mean, you've got the ones like you parents and the ones that my parents probably had. I suppose everyone gets the seven year itch, am I right?" He smirked at his own joke. "It must be fun being the only child though. I bet you got to go to Olympus! Oh, that must've been awesome. I wanna go to Avalon, but not much hope of that I guess. The rest don't seem to get on with my Dad, even though he's in charge of life as well as death. I guess... relatoinships are messy, and relationships between gods must be powerfully messy." He guessed that was the way of the world.

Areia thanked him for saying that she was pretty. Despite his urge to reataliate by telling her that she really was, he held it back and giggled with her when she said her Mum'd be smiling. Giggled. Isaac never giggled, or went 'Awww!' He guessed the Aphrodite allure was getting to him. He'd hav to find out how to get past that... or not. "No doubt... Responsibilities... just wait until I get siblings, like I no doubt will. I'm Cave commander, being the first claimed, so I'll be in charge. Especially if this war happens..." He didn't want it to seem like he wanted one, and he didn't want to offend anyone. "I'll be in charge of my brothers and sisters. I feel sorry for them mainly!" He chortled a little at that.
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Areia listened on as he'd mentioned how often affairs happened...Areia never really thought about it much. I guess she figured she'd feel better knowing her mom and dad truly loved each other, so she never really looked at it the other way around. "Yeah it seems common among the Gods, although they can pretty much do anything and its ok... I mean they're gods." Areia chuckled. She'd felt so comfortable around Isaac... something she was expecting, especially being rivals... "And I never went to Olympus... I wish but it has always been my duty to run the camp... thats why i get so giddy and excited when I see a Greek God a camp... usually it means a claiming is about to take place, but I just feel like a piece of my true home is being sent to me, ya know..." Areia smiled. She always tried to remain optimistic.... after all its the only thing worth living for.

"Thats awesome your cave leader! Seeing as I have to Godly parents I got the choice to be treehouse leader of either one and I chose Aphrodte... though I can roam either treehouse or stay at each one... moms treehouse felt more like home..." Areia started to wander in thought back to her childhood memories where her mom and dad were together and they were a family... Areia remembers telling herself that this was her life... her happy life and the only life she knew. It hurt to hear about demigods such as Isaac who have never know their real parent until recently, but it almost hurt more that Areia had a taste of the good life with her parents and all at once had that taken away from her at 14... I mean she was just a child really and at once lost the only life she knew...

"It seems we get along really well, I am really enjoying getting to know you." Areia wasnt exactly sure if that was ok but screw it, rules are going out the window right now... who knows how this will affect their future relationship, but even more how it will affect the Greeks Vs. Celtics if she was to be face to face with Isaac in battle. She couldn't bare the thought so she quickly turned her attention back to Isaac hoping he'd relieve her worries... though he probably didnt know she was worried much less know what was going on in Arieas little head... or big head? Areia stopped and focused...
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 am

As it seemed, Areia hadn't ever been to Olympus, but loved seeing the gods. Isaac nodded and yet another few questions popped into his head. "What's it like knowing gods? I mean, I've seen my Dad, Belenus and Rhiannon I think, but... That was only for claimings. I only spoke to Dad, but you've spent time with Poseidon and Aphrodite. I mean, what's it like being so close to the forces that control the world?" He knew that must sound extremely onimous of him, talking about the forces that conrtol the world and such things. Then again, her Mum and Dad were in charge of the Sea and love, which were two of the most important things in life. Then again, his dad personified life... But he awaited her answer.

Areia explained to Isaac how she could wander freely between both her parent's treehouses, which he guessed were the Greek counterpart of the caves. "At the Celtic Camp, there's strit rules that two people of different genders can't be alone in the same Cave... I'm not sure about the same gender though. I'd have to ask Vanora. She's the kind of leader of the Celts, like you are for the Greeks. She's immortal as well, Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan. They're Earth and War, Morrigan being the female war goddess. We're loads like you guys, come to think of it. I never really saw it that way, I guess."

Areia spoke of how the were getting along really well. Isaac smiled. "I agree," He replied, "We're getting to be pretty good friends." He had a feeling he was thinking the same thing as her when he though of how awkward it'd be if they faced each other if this war happened. He sighed regretfully at the thought. He really didn't want to have to fight her. Maybe the festival was so people could realise, they didn't have to fight. Peace could easily become the same, the two sets of gods could easily be together as one.
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:46 am

(ooc: Just got back from camping and am trying to clean up a bit but I am wiped so I will reply tomorrow! Can't wait I have been wanting to get on so bad it was hard not having internet.)
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 am

((Sure thing... I can most definitely wait))
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 pm

(ooc: sorry this took a while to get posted, but i made it extra worth the wait and super long! Enjoy :-D )

Areia grinned as he seemed to be excited and extremely interested in how it was being the immortal daughter of two gods. "It's intense. I mean to extent a lot is expected of you... I mean only be a mere 14 and I had to run this camp for all the lost and very confused demigods, whom are just realizing who they are... then having to train and protect them from the evils... it's a lot. I know its my destiny, but my parents leaving me and bestowing this intense commitment upon me was quite a lot for being 14." Areia lowered her head... she felt selfish but it was hard to explain her parents leaving, although she loves that she got to know and grow up with her parents, she felt it would have been easier not having these happy family memories that seemed to haunt her as she knew the would never happen again... Areia cringed at the thought. "But I feel the love and power and its a much greater feeling than anyone could ever imagine, I wish I could allow all the demigods to feel this power and strength."

Then Areia flash-backed to when she was 14 and her parents were telling her they were leaving and that life wasn't going to be the same, that Areia's life was changing forever and that she held a huge responsibility that would no doubt change the world...but that it was her destiny and that she couldn't change her back on it. Then Areia recalls her mother bestowing her with an orb of pink light, she touched Areia's chest where her heart lie.
'Remember my daughter, my beautiful Areia, you are mine as I am yours. You hold the same strength and power as your mother, use it wisely and use it to change the world.' Areia shed a slight tear. Then the flash-back contnued... 'My daughter, you are wise and full of strength, you have the power to control, control not only your emotions but your power... this power that I give to you is so much stronger than you could ever imagine, a demigod would die from the intensity it holds... but you being our immortal daughter can hold it, at that moment a cerulean orb glowed as he grabbed Areias hands... tommorrow you will be blessed by the other Gods, to carry on their wish and gifts... you must know this is who you are... and though it will nearly kill you emotionally... but all communication must be severed for your safety and the rest of the demigods.' Areia could barely stand to stay in thought as she recollected these painful thoughts...Then she recalled the following day after her parents gave her their power or better yet their official claiming...the other gods gathered at the center of camp the bonfire raging in all its colors, with Zeus standing tall, all the other Greek Gods including her parents surrounded the fire, Areia sitting small between her parents opposite of Zeus. Zeus announced the new laws of the Gods and their duty and the responsibility they had in Olympus, he explained how claiming would work and how Areia would continue the work they had begun at the Greek camp. He announced that Areia was the future for the Greeks, and that moment each God took turns touching Areia's head a symbol of protection and also giving their gratitude and gift. Each God returned to their tree house where the blessed the entire home and from there the blessed the gates of the camp, putting a solid protective ring around it and from there they were gone.

Areia realized how long she had been zoned out and nearly tumbled to the ground as she weakened at the knees. "It's intense knowing the Gods... I don't know if I could find another word to describe it... it's nearly draining to think about them and their power." She grinned. She continued as she remembered hearing Isaac talk about the mix genders in their caves. "At the treehouses they are mixed genders, but the only treehouse you are allowed in is your own parent's treehouse, there is a sort of protective guard at the opening door and if the blood that runs through your veins does not match that of the tree house it will identify it and permit no access." Then she listened as he talked about their leader Vanora... some how Areia faintly recognized that name. "Yes, her I've heard of..." Areia paused. "When the Gods left the explained their would be a war, and a girl, like me, would lead the opposing team." Areia's lips at the corner curled slowly downward. "I guess I never expected the reality of it all to really hit." Areia knew she felt something for this boy and she couldn't put her finger on it exactly... I mean she felt it was just friendship at first, yet she was so open around him more so than she has been with her own Greeks, and she felt safe and happy around him. She wondered how this could happen, why her mother would allow feelings to happen with an opposing rival... Areia felt very confused and drained. She knew at some point one of them would have to come out with the obvious... but she wasnt ready for it to be her. "It sucks that our parents wernt friends." she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:07 am

((Should we have them get together, d'you think? By the way, good post. If I could type something that long it'd probably be published XD))

Isaac nodded. She seemed so intellectual, so brilliantly serene as well. "I dunno about that... I'm sure that some would use them for evil, not good. I should think you use it for good though, training Demigods to survive and everything... Sounds like good work. You must be proud, too, when they do well at stuff." A thought struck him, "Is it like being a Shepherd? I just thought, they'd be kind of like lost sheep when they arrived, like I was, then you make them part of the herd, or the pack, or whatever the collective noun for sheep is." He nodded. That seemed about right to him. After all, it was pretty much like that at the Celtic Camp, except Isaac couldn't remember aver meeting Vanora. He guessed he wasn't being very sociable, but that didn't really matter as he didn't imagine that his Dad was.

Areia explained that it was intense knowing the gods. Isaac imagined it, the feeling that any one, for want of a better word, person in the room could blow you into ash and blow you away as easily as... as brushing dirt from their toga. Perhaps they'd rarely ever think about it, they probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He wondered if gods even had to sleep. He wondered if his real mother had known who the Dad was. He wondered if she was actually still alive, but didn't know where he was. Sadly, he couldn't remember anything about her except for warmth. Warmth throughout his body, starting in his heart and spreading. He guessed that in her arms he would have felt safe. Protected.

Areia claimed it sucked the their parents weren't friends. Isaac explained. "Well, Cernunnos and Hades are getting to be friends, apparently, the Agricultural gods are starting a garden club. Maybe there won't be a war. Maybe it'll be all peace, and we can be friends without the..." He searched for a word to explain it. "Setbacks. I hope that's what happens. All the other Deities are just being childish, in my opinion. Like toddlers squabbling over who's lego tower's the best." He smiled a little at that last coment. He wondered still if she felt anything at all for him apart from friendship. He hoped so, because that might help sort out relationships. They could show love and stop the fighting, perhaps. Finally, he could make a difference!
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 am

(OOC: That could be fun...lets do it and see where it goes :-D This will be interesting!)

Areia couldn't help but be enthralled with how interested he was with her and her heritage... it meant a lot to her that he asked questions, especially being that Greeks were always taught to beware of celts and vise versus. She hoped that their friendship would develop to something more and maybe show others that there is more to the mix of us than meets the eye. "I suppose it could be in comparison to a sheep herder" Areia giggled slightly. "Although I wouldn't call my Greeks sheeps their warriors, strong souls... but I suppose the follow where I lead them." Areia smiled. She never really thought too much about it...being a leader that is... she knew she was in charge, but she felt more like she befriended the incoming demigods and then made sure everything stayed in order... but the truth is she was the leader.... Ariea smiled as she noticed Isaac lost in thought...

"I agree... It would be great if we could be friends and not have to deal with all the setbacks. I wish the Gods could see the beauty within the negative... then the negative would no longer be negative... sounds kind of confusing but there is always a positive that can come out of a negative." Areia smiled... it was pretty much her personal motto.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

((Awesome, I'll get him to look interested, which is easy with characters like mine XD))

Areia commented on how she thought of them as warriors, not sheep. He nodded. "Oh, yes, of course, I'm sure they're excellent warriors... part of the reason I don't want this war. But still, the gods granted me the gift, or curse, of seeing most alternative options to everything." He sighed. "It sucks, I gotta be honest." He told her truthfully. "It must be hard for you, though. I respect you for helping them all the time... you're brilliant." To be honest, he now knew what he wanted to do; he really liekd this girl. When she'd giggled, his heart had skipped a beat, so to say. Obviously not really, as that would've pwnd him completely and given him a stroke. He loved her eyes, they were so pretty. There was nothing for it. He had to find the oppurtune moment and, like a crouching wolf, pounce.

Then, he found a moment which wasn't quite oppurtune, but good enough. Areia was saying that there was always positive in a negative. He smiled at her. "That'd be pretty awesome. Speaking of friends... Are you in a relationship with anyone romantically?" It wasn't as suave as he'd pictured it being, as in his mind he'd been more suave, but all the same it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Maybe she liked him back... But what if she was with someone? What if she was with a Son of Ares who found out and set out on a bounty hunt for... But that wouldn't happen. He stopped himself there, not wanting to be too worried. What could possibly go so wrong that would lead to anybody's death? Of course, lots, but that wasn't the point at all. He had to think positive.
Back to top Go down
Areia Christos
Areia Christos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:13 pm

"Well actually no, not anymore..." Areia smiled, then squinted as she thought back to when Ryan had been back at the Greek camp, they were so close and Areia had really fell hard for him, yet he abandoned her... just like her parents. "... I mean I did sort of have a thing going with a guy named Ryan he was the son of Eros, so we stayed in the same treehouse and got to know each other, but he recently left camp an no one really knows what happened..." Areia paused and took a deep breath, " but unfortunately he abandoned me... just like my parents did." Areia stopped and thought about what she had just been telling Isaac about looking to the beauty in the negative. "But the positive is I am most defintely single." Areia smiled... she felt like a giddy childish school girl with a crush... some how this boy had changed her whole world in the few hours they'd been together... was it fate? Destiny? Why would the Gods allow her this feeling if it was so wrong? Areia paused... then it must not be wrong! she thought. " And you? I am assuming because you asking me, you must be." She smiled yet again.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Son of Cernunnos
Isaac Garner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:20 am

Isaac felt relief course through his body as she told him that her relationship was over. She was single! Then she asked about him. "I'm single too. Never really had much time for a girlfriend though, I just accepted that I'd never stay anywhere for too long, so there wasn't any point. I'd only break their heart." Strangely enough, that song, Taio Cruise, came into his head. He kicked it out and told her, "I mean, I had feelings for some girls in different places... When I was in a little town called Merrill, near the state line between California and Oregon, there was a girl called Emmy. She was... brilliant. I thought I might get to ask her out, but then I get picked up and sent to the Celtic Camp. So... Yeah, I'm single." He'd just told a secret he never really told anyone. At least, the last bit anyway. However, at that moment, he thought about Hayley. He thought he liked her, but now he liked Areia too. However, the moment was seemingly ripe, and so he took it by the neck. "So... If you aren't with anyone, then there's nobody to feel jealous. Fancy having dinner with me at some time, after the tournament?" He asked, glad that he'd got it off his chest and hoping that was the last he'd hae to do. Embarassment or his first girlfriend; this was it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of the Festival, The Big Feast   Start of the Festival, The Big Feast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start of the Festival, The Big Feast
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next