The Gods Eternal Magik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on an idea by Rick Riordan comes a brand new story where The Greek Gods meet The Celtic Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The First Welsh Newbie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet
Name: Afal Aerona

The First Welsh Newbie? Empty
PostSubject: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Afal watched with tears flowing loudly down her cheeks, lifting her hand to a wave as her little seven year old sister stuck her head out of the window, screaming for her big sister and waving frantically.
Afal burst out crying after the car disappeared from sight. She hadn't wanted to make her sister more sad, or her parents, or even her dog. Maz had come along to say goodbye. Would she ever see her adopted family again? That was the sad question.
She fell to her knees, sobbing her poor heart out. "I don't want to go," she whispered. Her knees hurt, and eyes stung.

She wiped her tears away roughly, picked herself up, dusted herself down and started walking after her car.
"I'm not going to that stupid Camp that took my family away from me," she muttered angrily, still crying a little bit. She heard steps behind her, and started running. Whoever it was...would they go after her? Would they force her to go to Camp?

"Mam! Steve? Siona?! Max!?" she screeched, though even with the echo; her parents were miles away by now and could no way hear her.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Immortal Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet
Name: Vanora Parthenopaeus

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Out for another patrol Vanora walked in silence observing every detail around her. Gwen, her battle raven, flew over head scouring the sky while Riza and Velkan walked ahead on the trail sniffing every nook and cranny that they could possibly find. Her eyes felt rather dead and she was rather tired but no matter how much she wanted to turn around and fall asleep in her warm bed but she refused to allow such thoughts stay in her mind for long.

Vanoras' eye twitched as Riza ran off ahead of them. Velkan started getting in position to run after her but Vanora cut him off. "Velkan stay!" running in front of the wolf. He sat down and watched her run after Riza. She stayed quiet in case there was something a head that she would need the element of surprise for but as she came into view of Riza she saw why her wolf had ran. There was a girl kneeling on the ground with tears on her face. She took a few steps forward so that she was at the same spot as Riza then she watched in shock as the girl ran ahead back down the path that looked as though a car had just been there. Riza started to run after the girl and Vanora had to yell for the wolf to sit before taking off herself. "Mam! Steve? Siona?! Max!?" the girl screamed. Vanora stopped running and quickly but silently approached the girl. "Are you alright?" Vanora asked still a few feet away from the girl.

Last edited by Vanora Parthenopaeus on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Just as Afal had started to slow down, almost giving up hope that she could ever get back to her loving, caring, perfect family she heard paws padding softly on the ground, chasing her. Human and animal, alongside each other...chasing a young together.
"Leave me alone!" she screamed at the top of her voice, running as fast as she could along the windy mountain path, ripped skinny jeans and a black hoodie slowed her already slow legs down; they weren't exactly the right clothes to run in.
Typically, she tripped across one of the many rocks that jutted out of the path. As she fell flat on her face to the cold ground, right into a tyre mark she started crying more again.
Flipping around, she glared at the girl, "No! I am not alright! I am not alright at all!" she screeched angrily. "Your stupid Camp has dragged me away from my family and your stupid animals are going to bloody eat me alive!" she yelled, scrambling to her feet with clenched fists and a dirty face.
"Pam!? Pam fi?! BE UFFAR DW I WEDI 'NEUD?!" she shouted up at the sky in Welsh. If there were Celtic Gods up there, one of them was bound to understand what she said.
"What have I ever done..." she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Vanora stood there shocked as the girl yelled to leave her alone and ran as if the pits of the Greeks Tartarus was upon her. Why was she running like this was she suppose to be at the camp or did someone just drop her off? Finding no answers to the questions Vanora took off after the girl again crossing over the camp border. Riza stopped at the invisible line with her ears down but Gwen continued on flying in circles over their heads. Then she watched as the girl tripped, if it wasn't for how fast gravity took her down Vanora could have softened the landing but the gravity pull was to fast. The girl stood up flipping around to face her. "No! I am not alright! I am not alright at all!" she screeched angrily. "Your stupid Camp has dragged me away from my family and your stupid animals are going to bloody eat me alive!" Vanoras' face dropped. Well one question was answered but now more opened. Her head whipped back to look at the wolves they were still at the invisible line and Gwen was flying down landing on her shoulder.

Striding forward with even steps Vanora was again shocked when the girl started yelling at the sky. She had never heard the language before but she recognized it as a Celtic language but she couldn't understand a word of it. Biting her lip she stopped at a loss of what to say. It was clear that she didn't want to go to the camp. Not in the state she was now but Vanora had to get her back to the boundary line otherwise they would have monster galore heading their way. "Erm, would you like a place to sit down?" she asked. Even if the girl didn't want to walk she could at least make a couple chairs out of the ground to help talk her into walking back.
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Afal glared at Vanora's helpless eyes. She looked like she had nothing to say to Afal. Good. That's just how she wanted it to be.
The young girl laughed at the older one as she asked if Afal wanted to sit down. "Over there? Don't insult me. You'll drag me into that Camp of yours if I go with you," she said before turning around and starting to follow her long-gone car again.
"Yup. I think I'm content in staying as far as possible from that place." she said, walking up the ragged path with determination. "This way," she said, ignoring the girl.

Somewhere at the back of her mind, she knew that the girl had at least one God or Goddess as her parent, just like she herself did. Demigods had powers no human did...but Afal didn't care; she just kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Vanora shook her head at the girls assumption. She wasn't one to force someone somewhere. She was once to force them to surrender through. Sighing she clenched her right fist, "father help me out." she pleaded with Dagda. Her left hand she kept open and held it out before her. Thrusting her fist upward the ground before Afal moved up creating a knee high barricade of rock and dirt. Her open hand swept across the air in front of her causing the plants, the little that was there, to grow and form an even taller barricade that curved over creating a shadow around Afal and another small one near herself.

Gliding into the shadow Vanora used her mothers gift to shadow travel to the shadow now surrounding the young demigod. Gwen was left startled and flew over to sit on a tall boulder near where she was going. Stepping from the shadow Vanora had to stop and catch her breath and hold her head, she hadn't used powers like that so close together and it left her breathless and with a minor headache. Locking her blue eyes with the blue-green eyes before her Vanora got a dead serious look on her face, not feeling comfortable this far from camp. "That place...is my home. It's not a camp to me. If you don't want to go there you don't have to. I don't force people places but, I will ask questions but I am not forceful." Vanora tried to seem nice and make a point that she wasn't trying to give off a forceful vibe in any way. Though the barricade she just created probably said different to the girl. Her eye twitching she shrugged it off and left it up.
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Afal screamed as a wall of plants and earth surrounded her. A wall of rock so she couldn't move, plants and weird shadows so she could hardly see...it scared her. She screamed madly, "Let me go! Help! HELP!" she screeched, struggling against her barricade. Oh Jesus...she really is taking me away! Oh crap...what am I going to do?! she thought frantically to herself, struggling against her bonds.
"I don't have much of a choice do I?" she screeched at Vanora. "Yeah? Well your family is practically there! You have two God parents, don't you? I don't have any! You people have it wrong!" she screeched before crying a little. "Just...just take me to that place..." she whispered, her heart breaking.

((Sorry it's so short Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 pm

'You over did it, wave. Take it down have a talk with the girl calm her down.' Gwen said to Vanora as she took a step back. "You sound like my mother Gwen." she said back to the Raven. 'I know your mother. I don't sound like her.' Vanora scowled in silence and took a deep breath concentration on the earth and plant wall. She took a moment taking in all the twists, turns, and colors of what she had created, another deep breath in preparation and waving her hand downwards. With a small shake of the ground the earth returned and the plants went back to their place.

Vanora cleared her throat and walked closer to Afal. Scratching her head she let a brief pause happen before talking, "I won't force someone to go to a camp that they don't think they belong to. For the record though, someone with out a godly parent wouldn't be able to get pass our boarder." She motioned to where her tracking wolves we're sitting on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Afal Aerona gasped and gazed at the other Celt with wide, fearful eyes. What had just happened? Was all that real? More importantly...what had caused it? But as she glanced at the girl's face, which seemed tired and was beaded with sweat...a sudden realization hit her.
"Y-you did that?!" she asked with disbelief abundant in her tone. "How?! You're just a regular human!" she said, before remembering what she'd been told. The Camp was for demigods....but she never actually thought her parents were telling the truth!
She swivelled her head to where Vanora was motioning; the border.
"So if I can't pass there...I'm safe? I can go home?" she asked, before setting jaw and walking over. Surprisingly though, she found she could cross it; and with a reluctant sigh, she called out to the older girl.
"Well? Where am I supposed to go now?" she asked, giving in. It seemed that all was true, and she was a demigod. The question was....well there were many questions. She had no clue about Celtic mythology. She knew the old stories about Blodeuwedd and had read a fiction where there was a sister; Deilen...but.... and who were her parents? So many things she needed to know, and none of it she actually knew.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Vanora let out a sigh of relief as the girl before her started to try and digest a, well for her, a better understanding of what was going on. However when the girl called her a regular human she wanted to laugh Vanora knew she and everyone at the camp were far from normal or regular. Her hand still pointing to Riza she smiled at the girl as she looked over to the camp border. "So if I can't pass there...I'm safe? I can go home?" she asked. Vanora nodded, “I’ll even send a party with you complete with horses for faster travel.”

They both walked towards the border, Riza stood up with her tail wagging in the air stirring the dust around her feet. With a final step they both crossed the border. A smile crossed her lips; they had a new demigod at camp. Almost immediately her mind tried to analyze whose child she might be. Though she was never particularly good with placing parent to child. Heck she couldn’t even tell when her own siblings arrived at camp. This actually was a lot of fun to know that most children were a simple surprise. "Well? Where am I supposed to go now?" ask the girl she would soon know as Afal.

She turned to look at her as Riza barked and Gwen soared next to her cheek. “Well I need to collect my other wolf. You may join me if you wish and I can take you to our camp or I can walk with you here in out boundaries and answer any…well, some or most of the questions that I assume are rushing through your head.” She paused looking down at her own hand then thrust it out before her, “Names Parthenopaeus, Vanora Parthenopaeus” She said gently trying to mock ‘James Bond’.
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Afal smiled a little awkwardly, with hints of uncertainty. She'd been quite rude to the girl, and for no reason. This strange demigod was being very nice to her and all, and Afal just threw it back in her face.
"Erm... sorry for being so rude... I, er, get mad a lot," she muttered, scuffing her feet and kicking up dust. "Um..." she thought about her options, and eyed the wolf wearily. It wasn't that she didn't like wolves... in fact, they were her favourite animals. She just wasn't particularly comfortable about wild animals she wasn't entirely sure were balanced, and tamed.
"Um... could you take me to the Camp, please?" she asked. "I don't really have any questions, actually. I don't really know anything about Celtic mythology, who my parents are; what my life is now... I don't really know who I am." She shut up after realising she was getting a little sensitive and touchy-feely. "Er, silly questions. No answers to them - not yet anyway," she smiled, shaking Vanora's hand and raising her eyebrows at the surname. Never would she ever be able to remember that. She grinned at the Bond reference.
"I'm Afal," she said, then thought about her surname. She didn't normally introduce herself by full name, but why not?
"Afal Aerona."

((Ah-vall Eh-uu-ron-ah. Bit hard to pronounce Razz))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 am

Take The Fall And RUN To Heaven
I Will Shove The World Away

The First Welsh Newbie? 600full-julia-volkovaThe First Welsh Newbie? Juliavolkovapa3 The First Welsh Newbie? Jj
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Vanora smiled as Afal apologized for her rudeness. As camp leader she was used to it. There were a lot of demigods that came by with the same response. Unlike others though she would use force to keep them safe. She wasn't entirely sure if that was her mother or father in her that used the force. They were both forceful deity's after all. "It's all good, i'm used to it." Vanora felt like she should say sorry for the force she used by using her parents gifts. However she out reasoned it when she thought about the latest sightings of Fuath's that had started trying to breach the shield.

"Um... could you take me to the Camp, please?" Afal asked which was followed by a series of questions which to Vanora just seemed like she was asking herself more then the stranger next to her. After shaking hands and finding out each others names Vanora felt the need to comply. "Yeah, I will show you the way to camp. You can settle in and maybe find the answers to any question you have on your own. Self learning is the best form of learning in my book after all."

Passing the border Vanora reached down and petted Riza, "This here is Riza, one of the best tracking wolves that have been trained this moon. This is her first group expedition." she told Afal, "Riza, this is Afal she's going to be our newest camper." Vanora told the wolf. Then the Raven landed on her shoulder after doing a few circles, "This here is Gwen, and my other wolf goes by the name of Velken. We have a pretty good bond with animals so there are many back in the camp. Ever want to claim one as your own I am sure we can find you one. Everyone needs a partner." Vanora said grinning. It was true they did have a lot of animals and most of the camper had at least one that they kept as their own that they had grown attached to.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Afal smiled as she started to walk down the road to Camp. Vanora introduced her pets to her, and Afal nodded wearily at them. Would they be offended if she patted them? Best not, just to stay on the safe side.
"I could get my own?" she asked, a little shocked. That would be interesting... just imagine if she had a pet wolf. Or a bear! She could get piggy-backs... or maybe if the Camp was near the sea she could have a dolphin or shark and swim around the ocean.
Afal had a feeling she'd like this place.

((Wow, I have no muse for Afal today. My bad >_>))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 am

Take The Fall And RUN To Heaven
I Will Shove The World Away

The First Welsh Newbie? 600full-julia-volkovaThe First Welsh Newbie? Juliavolkovapa3 The First Welsh Newbie? Jj
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Vanora nodded to Afal's question, "Of course, We are Celtics after all and we do live for our animals."
"We're old fashioned that way." She added with a laugh. It was always nice to know that they had animals around the camp. One, for protection and travel. Two, for the company. Not everyone wanted to be around other demigods even more so when they are unclaimed. Vanora looked at Afal trying to guess whose child she might be but like always an answer eluded her.

After walking in silence for a while Vanora decided to try and start up a conversation, "So what kind of animal do you prefer? I personally..." she paused looking at Gwen. Oh she was going to get pecked. "I prefer the wolves we have they are smarter then the common wolves you find in the forest." And with the random twitch to her eye Gwen pecked at Vanora's ear but didn't move. The raven must not have to hurt of feeling Vanora decided. A bark signaled that they had come into Velken's range of smell. With a whistle she called for him and he met with the happily waging his tail.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
(It's ok, I haven't been on much so i need to adjust back to her after work training haha)
Back to top Go down
Afal Aerona
Demigod
Afal Aerona

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Afal smiled politely, not really knowing what to say. It was an awkward, annoying personality trait of hers that showed itself quite often. She never knew what to say at the right time. She either didn't say anything at all, or said something she really shouldn't have. That's why she never really seemed to have that many friends, she always offended them in the early friendship stages.

"Um... I don't know. Never really thought about it, to be honest. I like all animals," she said, wishing she had something more interesting to say. Her childhood hadn't exactly been swarming with animals. Her "mother" never liked them.

"I guess I'll decide on an animal once I actually get to meet one," she chuckled. "I've never been up close to any animal before. Not properly."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Welsh Newbie?   The First Welsh Newbie? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Welsh Newbie?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gods Eternal Magik :: The Celtics Mountain :: The Beach Path-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com