The Gods Eternal Magik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on an idea by Rick Riordan comes a brand new story where The Greek Gods meet The Celtic Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A place to call home ((Open))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyle Giddings
Son of Goibhniu
Kyle Giddings

Character sheet
Name: Kyle Giddings

A place to call home ((Open)) Empty
PostSubject: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Kyle walked up the path way, he knew what lied ahead. As he marched forward he saw the enterence to a cave, with two symbols above them. Both looking like ravens. He took out his earbuds, he had jogged up the mile. His friend was behind him, Kyrahn Clarke. He had known her during school, they had been good friends. But after the attacks, they ran across all of Ireland. He made ends meat, by doing any odd juobs he could find. Some were REALLY odd. Kyle smiled and walked into the cave, his hand hitting the the center of the two bird symbols. He continued down the cave, torchs lit the way. Kyle came to one, and pulled it out of the wall. He took a breath of the musty air, and whistled. It echoed though the tunnel. "What was it the kid said.... follow the tunnel untill.... untill something. What was it???? Damn!" He muttered this to himself, he slid his foot infront of his and testily made his way though the tunnel. His I-pod was playing was playing Prayer of the refuge. "Oh, please. I think i'm going to drop dead from the ironry."

Night had fallen outside before he had made his way though the cave. The torch providing light and warmth. It took awhile, because he wasn't walking. More of checking where he was going, and making sure there was nothing near him. When the tunnel ended he found stairs, as he went down he saw that there was a cavern lit by the moon light. He put his torch in a holder by the wall. No one was around, but it was a giant cavern. He looked and whistled, it echoed though the cavern. That was when he heard footsteps. He ripped the torch out of the wall, he held it about half way up. He would use it like a club if the person... thing tried to hurt him.

"Do not come closer, please" said the Irish youth. "Look I already meet one of you guys before. In Ireland, I know this is a sanctariy for people like me. The kids who are hunted by the monsters." He stoped waiting for them to say something. When nothing happened he said, "please don't say anything about the gods. The other kid tried to do it to. I know it's a joke, but right now it's a joking time. I don't believe in god or gods or any of the whoo-ha. Please just tell me whats going on." He stilled held the torch ready to strike. Though his eye was caught by the sight, it was beutifful, in a way. "So.................... how do we kill them? The monsters? Say something..... anything!" His voice was that right above a whisper. He was alittle annoyed that it was a one sided conversation. "Is this place? A place to call home?"

((Click on the blue Kyle it's to another site that shows what he is wearing.))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Immortal Daughter of Dagda and Morrigan
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet
Name: Vanora Parthenopaeus

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Vanora was sitting quietly before the bonfire listening to the other campers talk and chat away about different things. Monsters, The gods, their animals, and other things like that. She was just there watching the fire gleam back and forth a long the coals and wood. The night was dying down in the warmth easily telling that that the summer would give way to the fall in time but she could tell that it would come early this year. Vanora looked to the moon that was glowing and filling the cavern with silver light. It was only a few minutes before one of their raven's flew into her sight with the moon as it's background.

It landed on her shoulder and nudged her. "What is it Gwen?" she asked the raven who looked to the entrance. Vanora narrowed her eyes standing up. She grabbed her sword off the ground and began to walk to the entrance. It was either one of two things an intruder or a new comer. She was dressed in her black leather armor and white shirt and classic blue jeans. In the darkness her shirt was visible but the jeans weren't as much.
As she neared the tunnel opening she noticed a torch light that was moving and two figures. The torch was placed in the wall and the, person who had put it there whistled. Grew flew off her shoulder and circled around the two as she walked closer. She could see now that they weren't intruders, more like unsure guests. There was a boy and a girl younger then herself stand there looking around.

As Vanora neared the boy grabbed the torch and thrust it toward her stringing out a lot of statements and questions. A smirk drew across her face. "Ahh Newbies Gwen." She said as the Raven landed back on her shoulder. "We can train you here to fight off the monsters. Your beliefs are your own, and yes this is a safe place to call home. I'm Vanora Parthenopaeus, Camp leader. I can show you both around if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Kyle Giddings
Son of Goibhniu
Kyle Giddings

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:43 pm

He looked into the girls blue eyes. "My names Kyle......" He paused. "Kyle Giddings, and your name Ms.?" He put the torch back, when he saw the girls blade. He eyed it fearfully. "You are among friends, so there is no need for a blade. Though it is curious why have a sword." He looked at her, he glanced at the bird. though he just shrugged it off, "you seem..... different from mot i've meet. You seem.... I don't think there is a word for it. But something close...... you seem older than most your age. If that makes since." He sighed and shook his head. "Ahh Newbies Gwen. We can train you here to fight off the monsters. Your beliefs are your own, and yes this is a safe place to call home. I'm Vanora Parthenopaeus, Camp leader. I can show you both around if you'd like." He nodded. "Nice to meet you Vanora. I can only guess that the raven is Gwen? Am I wrong?" He smiled, "Thanks you. The first kid I met was convinced that... what did he say? That..... ah yes. The Celtic gods are real, and that they are forever locked in battle.... with some other group of gods, romen perhaps? I do not know, for I didn't listen to the boys tale."

"How do we fight them off? With those sword that you and the other kid had? How do you exspect to kill monsters with such weapons? So how...... how do things work around here? Like... how do we train? How was this place founded?" He stoped himself, "i'm sorry. It's just this is....... such a breath taking thing? I feel as if the last year of my life has been a dream. Running though Ireland, doing odd jobs. Being chased by, those things. How many monsters are there? I was attacked by a sonw wight wolf the size of two cars. What was that?"

((Hey the girl it's with him. She is like on the beach or something, she is a memmber here and there each others bio. I just said they were trvaling for awhile. And didn'r want to puppet and said she was just there.

Also the snow white wolf is there version of a hell hound. I just can't remmber what there called.))
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Vanora watched as the boy, who introduced himself as Kyle eyed her sword. He seemed a little uncomfortable about it but besides pointing out about that he just stated that it was interesting that she had it. Gwen ruffled her feathers momentarily defining her in one ear momentarily. Then she cawed in her ear happily answering that she was Gwen. She jumped from one of Vanora's shoulder to the other. Digging her talons in when Kyle started talking about the gods like she was mad or something. Glaring at the bird she shrugged her off, "Go patrol the borders or something you angry bird." Vanora mumbled.

"Sorry 'bout her. Gwen gets rather bitchy it's the war in her blood i guess." Vanora said to Kyle then she added a smile, "And it's the Greek Gods that the Celtics are at war against. It's rather childish war but a war about anything is." Vanora's eye twitched as she brushed her hair behind her ear and stuck her sword in the ground. The sound of the metal breaking rock sounded through part of the cavern. "Our weapons are built specialy by real experts. The metal is different then the kind that other's use. It's stronger and sharper."

Vanora paused not sure whither to tell him how the camp was made after all he said that he didn't want to hear her talk about the gods. She shrugged, what would it hurt she already mentioned them. "This safe home was built by Goibhniu he wanted to create a safe place for all of us away from the monsters like the one you just described." She paused "just be thankful it wasn't a banshee. Damn they are vicious."
Back to top Go down
Kyle Giddings
Son of Goibhniu
Kyle Giddings

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:15 pm

"Go patrol the borders or something you angry bird. Sorry 'bout her. Gwen gets rather bitchy it's the war in her blood i guess." He looked at her dumbfounded. "She understands you? I mean it... her... Gwen?" He sighed, and shook his head. "This place is more confusing by the minute. So you all live there?" He put one ear bud in his ear, and listened to the song Ozzy Osbourne Let it die. He took a sigh of relife, the music was the only thing he knew in this oh so strange world. "Have you ever heard of the tale, of Wonderland? With Alace, falling though the rabbit hole into a strange world. Where there are monsters and wars fought, that is what this place is like." He sighed, "oh this strange, strange world." He sighed, and lookea round the cavern.

Though they were far off he pointed, "those caves, where do they lead?" It was across the lot, but his vision was just able to pick them up in the moonligh and torch light. He shrugged, "And it's the Greek Gods that the Celtics are at war against. It's rather childish war but a war about anything is. Our weapons are built specialy by real experts. The metal is different then the kind that other's use. It's stronger and sharper." He sighed, "is that like a motto for you people? I mean the other kid said the same thing. The gods aren't real, I know this. So please stop the joke, it's getting alittle annoying. Okay so your sword are ones that are able to kill the monsters? How? But I must learn how to fight, if I want to live. So please stop with the god or gods thing."

"This safe home was built by Goibhniu he wanted to create a safe place for all of us away from the monsters like the one you just described, just be thankful it wasn't a banshee. Damn they are vicious." He nodded, "aren't Banshee's like ther Jersey Devil or whatever they call it? So... what is it like? Acctaully, how many types of monsters out there? Are they like an army or something? Is there a book where I can learn on what they are or something?" His song changed to the Sounth African 2010 Fifa world cup song. He loved soccor, and the song was really cool. "So..........that Goibhniu guy? Was he born in Euope and what? Came here and sarved this camp out of stone? I mean thats imposible even with the tools we have now. It must have taken the guy a life time to do so. But thats really cool of him, so where is he now? Or is he... dead?"
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

With a nod of her head she looked to the fire on the wall. "Yeah, my mother..." Vanora pause, "Sorry I'm going to be talking about the gods a bit more. My mother is the creator of the Battle Ravens which are all the ones here. They live over there in the Animal Corral," She pointed over to the distance opposite of the caves Kyle started asking about. "And those cave on the other side are the homes for all the different campers. Like for now you'll be in the tenth cave from the right."

Vanora didn't really like the fact that this boy was denying the fact of the gods but she wasn't going to argue about it. He was probably raised alone not told about who one of his parents were. Or maybe he was but refused to believe it. Oh well after spending time he'd either get used to the idea or he wouldn't. Once his parent claimed him though he'd probably have a bit more understanding then what he had now. For now for her, she was just going to talk the way she normally did.

"Yeah something like the Jersey Devil, they are big loud and as I said vicious. As for how many and where you can find out about them. Pick up any Celtic Mythology book and there you go." She paused listening to the cave hearing Kyle's music switch and a fight break out around the bonfire. "Goibhniu...He was born in Europe on an island. As he grew older he moved here and by himself he made us this camp. Today he lives at the Great Lakes." She tried to leave out the part that he was the smith god.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Giddings
Son of Goibhniu
Kyle Giddings

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm

"Yeah, my mother... Sorry I'm going to be talking about the gods a bit more. My mother is the creator of the Battle Ravens which are all the ones here. They live over there in the Animal Corral. And those cave on the other side are the homes for all the different campers. Like for now you'll be in the tenth cave from the right." He shook his head, "look I know the gods aren't real. But maybe.... I can't believe i'm saying this. Maybe you all just believe in there existence because of whats going on. I mean times are tough, you need hope. I just know the gods aren't real, if they were the world wouldn't be such a hell hole. Where good men die, and murders get off scot-free. If the gods were real, than there poor ones at the, and don't deserve there immortality."

He sighed, the music swtiched. The song was playing Time of dying by three days grace. "You know? This song start playing when I was running for my life once. the monster was right about to kill me, and all I could think was 'I think the irony alone is going to kill me'. Though I was able to escape, i'm not fighter but I can run. Thats about it." He listened as she spoke, "And those cave on the other side are the homes for all the different campers. Like for now you'll be in the tenth cave from the right." He looked to the caves that the girl spoke of. "So are the others full or something? how do you decided who goes where? Or is it like a first come first serve type thing?"

"Yeah something like the Jersey Devil, they are big loud and as I said vicious. As for how many and where you can find out about them. Pick up any Celtic Mythology book and there you go. Goibhniu...He was born in Europe on an island. As he grew older he moved here and by himself he made us this camp. Today he lives at the Great Lakes." He nodded, letting silence fill the air. "I might have to find him one of these days. So..... tel me where are we? I am not from this contry, could you tell me what state where in? Please. You do call them states right, or is it provences? So..... do you know where I could get a mythology book? It's not like there sold them in Barnes and nobel." He chuckled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm

As Kyle talked about how he summed up their beliefs of why the gods were real Vanora couldn't help but think of Batman: The Dark Knight. Of course she had only seen it a few times but there were still quotes that were stuck in her head. "Well to quote Batman: 'You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.' The world is a dark place yes but that's because everyone wants power." she said looking across the cavern. The gods were at war over childish things but she didn't care. She loved War.

She listened as he mentioned the song and she chuckled thinking that the song was rather ironic. Though most things as a demigod child were ironic. It was impossible not to be at some times. She tried to think of a way to not talk about the gods to much though she kinda found it impossible that was what everyone here based their life on. Her thoughts drifted on how to explain the caves, "Well all new comers that arrive live in the traveling cave. Some stay there but once someone is shown....er...where they belong then they move to a new cave."

As a bit of silence set in she decided to keep her laugh about Kyle finding the god to herself and skipped to the rest of his statement. "We are in the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, random place to build a camp right?" she paused looking over to the Cave of Belisama. "Well you could try asking one of the campers in the twelfth cave over, they normally have all kinds of books. They are one of our smart caves. They have a thirst for knowledge i guess you could say."
Back to top Go down
Kyle Giddings
Son of Goibhniu
Kyle Giddings

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 pm

" "Well to quote Batman: 'You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.' The world is a dark place yes but that's because everyone wants power." He shook his head, "it's not true. I don't crave power, I crave life. I want to use evrey day that I have, untill it's all gone. 'Cause when it's over it's over, no nothing. It's sad when you think about it." He said the last part quietly to himself. He layed onto the ground, looking at the roof. "This is a strange world, and we live in a strager time. If only things were simpiler." He sighed, "I don't usually think or act like this. I don't know but for some reason right now I just want to be lost in thought. No matter where that path may lead." He sighed, ad closed his eyes.

Many things went though his mind, he just layed there thinking."Well all new comers that arrive live in the traveling cave. Some stay there but once someone is shown....er...where they belong then they move to a new cave." He let her words drift in one ear, and out the other, before he spoke. "I see. As for what is inside the caves? Beds? Beds made of rock? I am curois, though I don't sound it. I don't know, just now I feel.... down." His I-pod started to play it's all over, by Three days grace. Getting lost in the music, he forgot about the other girl. He nodded slowly to the beat, mouthing the words.

"We are in the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, random place to build a camp right? Well you could try asking one of the campers in the twelfth cave over, they normally have all kinds of books. They are one of our smart caves. They have a thirst for knowledge i guess you could say." He nodded, paying attnention once more. "So do they divided us up by who is good at what? Well i'm not good at really anything. I used to be good at shooting. Won a fair amount of compitions I did. Speed shooting usually, it's like a drag race. Just instead of cars, we have guns. While most people like to go to bowling allys. For my tenth B-day I ask my dad to take me to the shooting range. I love it, I mean.... I loved it." He gave a sad sigh, "havn't pick up a gun in a year. To busy, I had to do odd jobs to keep me and my friend afloat as he travled Ireland to keep away from those..... things. Monsters whatever. But i've heard about this state. It's a hell-hole or so I think. I mean the goverment, don't get me wrong. I love the gorverner, but I just liked him better in the movies. You know? Just Californa are where all the junkies live, or o I hear anyway." He shrugged, "so.... whats your story. How did you get here?"
Back to top Go down
Vanora Pendragon
Vanora Pendragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 am

"Things won't be simple or easy for any of us. We can only work together toward what we want. Which is what makes the strange world beautiful." said Vanora. A twitch coming to her eye. She growled to her self yelling at the one...well second thing she couldn't control in her life. She wished it would go away it made people stare and she hated it. She stared at Kyle finally adding, "Here in the caves are great places to get lost in thought, in my opinion. The Animal Corral is one of my favorite places to get lost in thought, the Ravens are good listeners."

She waited a few minutes before she spoke answering Kyle's question about the caves. The caves were quite wonderful places, fun when you had more siblings. Either to pick on or to pick on you. "The caves have beds, rock frames but comfortable mattresses. Then as you go through different caves the color schemes change. As do the decorations like in my first cave there was a lot of quotes on the wall and our colors were gold and green, in my cave now it's weapons and red red and red." though as she said that she thought about how it sounded like she was grumpy about that but in reality she preferred to stay in her mother's cabin instead of her fathers.

"In a way yeah they divide us like that." She rubbed her head as Kyle began to talk asking more questions and stating things about himself. She thought about the shooting that he talked about. She had never fancied a gun they were loud and worth more then they should have been. It wasn't they they were interesting but she did like the sword and spear over the gun. Then he switched to things about the state which really she didn't know much about. It was weird but heck they lived...well under a rock. Kyle paused shrugging and he asked her how she got there. "My father brought me here from Montana on my fifteenth birthday. So i left my adoptive parents and have lived here sense."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place to call home ((Open))   A place to call home ((Open)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A place to call home ((Open))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gods Eternal Magik :: The Celtics Mountain :: The Cave Center-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com